Very few people are completely symmetrical and this can have an effect on the way you stand and move. You may also have additional problems including particularly high or low arches in your feet, different leg lengths or an injury. In some cases, your body may have adapted to compensate causing further harm, inflammation and pain.
When we stand, walk or run our body has to cope with and compensate for bad postural habits and alignments. It is these compensations that puts structures such as muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons under undue strain.
Using the latest technology (footscan) we will assess you gait and movement which will allow us to focus on the root course of the problem.
This is normally broken down into two parts:
- A static assessment which can consist of looking at inequalities or asymmetric conditions
- A dynamic assessment, so I can assess your gait, learn your loading patterns and where specific anomalies occur
Once the factors have been identified that are contributing towards your pain, we can offer treatment and advice to counter these, including:
- Bespoke 3D printed orthotics
- Hands on Therapy
- Exercises to help improve your Strength, Flexibility, Balance and Co-ordination
Our orthotics are professionally designed and help to provide stability and cushioning for your feet. They also help with;
- Equalizing leg length discrepancies, thus relieving pain in your legs and upper body
- Improving day to day movement and taking the stress off injured areas of your body
- Giving support to your feet, avoiding continual overload
- Planta fasciitis
- Osteoarthritis of the lower limb joints
- Achilles Tendonitis and other lower limb inflammations
- Back and Neck Ache